Saturday, October 22, 2011

Marcus Davis interview: Veteran is still fighting, but not because he has to

Marcus Davis is on the outside looking in, but it doesn't bother the 38-year-old that his days in the UFC may be over. Those 14 fights over the course of six years, have set him up for some big things down the road.

Davis is fighting this weekend in Miami on the W-1 card at the Bank United Center against Season 13 "Ultimate Fighter" alum Chuck O'Neill (FoxSportsNet).

Davis keeps stepping into the cage because he loves, and thankfully, not because he has to as so many older guys in the past havbe.

"It really is about the fights. I'm a fighter, I've always been a fighter and I'm just fighting man," Davis told the "MMA Insiders Show" on ESPNRadio1100. "I just love showing up. I love fighting. I love entertaining. That's what I do. That's my job and that's why I got this real positive outlook and I'm back winning fights."

Davis is a busy man. He's already promoted three shows in Maine and headlined the last one on Sept. 24. Davis has opened two MMA gyms in his home state. More significantly, he also helped get the sport legalized in Maine.� Davis was so impressive during his pitch in front of legislators a few of them said he should look into a future in politics.

Check out the part of the conversation where Davis also talks about how dangerous it was to try and cut down to lightweight (8:40 mark). He fought twice at 155 pounds and put himself in real jeopardy when he did so for a fight against Curtis DeMarce in Canada.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Marcus-Davis-interview-Veteran-is-still-fightin?urn=mma-wp8207

Skiing Snowboarding Snowmobile Surfing Trials

No comments:

Post a Comment