Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ryan Bader: Once Big Nog's 'Golden Boy,' Now Little Nog's Enemy

Filed under: UFCINDIANAPOLIS -- Just over two years ago, Ryan Bader walked into a Las Vegas gym with a dream to fight in the UFC. He was a blue-chip prospect, a two-time collegiate All-American wrestler who'd steamrolled his way to an unbeaten 7-0 record.

Bader made the cut for The Ultimate Fighter, where he quickly impressed everyone, but perhaps none more than season eight coach Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. In fact, Nogueira thought so highly of Bader that he immediately earmarked him for his first pick in the draft.

"I remember we were in the octagon, me, Frank Mir and Dana White, the first day we pick the guys," Nogueira recalled. "They were training, light sparring and we were watching before we picked them. I saw him shoot the double leg, it was so good. And he had fast hands. He was my first pick. I said, 'That's my golden boy.'"

extreme sports Wingsuit sky diving White Water Rafting Windsurfing Snowkiting

No comments:

Post a Comment