Monday, February 14, 2011

MMA Top 10 Light Heavyweights: Jon Jones Moves to No. 2

by Michael David SmithJon JonesThe last time I ranked the Top 10 light heavyweights in mixed martial arts, I wrestled with the question of who's the No. 2 fighter in the weight class: Lyoto Machida, Rampage Jackson or Rashad Evans?

Now I have the answer: None of the above.

Jon Jones put on his fourth consecutive spectacular performance in beating Ryan Bader at UFC 126, and I can no longer put Jones below anyone other than champion Shogun Rua. With just about any other fighter of Jones' age and experience I'd say the UFC is rushing him into a title shot in this situation, but with Jones I can't argue: He has proven that he deserves to be considered the second-best light heavyweight in the sport.

So I've got Shogun and Jones, who will meet in the main event at UFC 128, at 1-2 in our light heavyweight rankings. Find out where the rest of the division stacks up below.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/02/10/mma-top-10-light-heavyweights-jon-jones-moves-to-no-2/

Paragliding Parkour Rock climbing Roller skating Skateboarding

No comments:

Post a Comment