Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dan Hardy: “I’ve got a long way to go, a lot to improve.”

UFC welterweight Dan Hardy has a number of knockouts to his credit. However, despite the finishes Hardy may have never looked as impressive as he did this weekend in an outpointing of Amir Sadollah at UFC on Fuel 5. Hardy’s striking was crisp as it typically is, but his overall approach to victory was much more controlled than usual and he even incorporated a number of takedowns into his attack.

However, as happy as Hardy was about being able to win in front of his fellow Nottingham natives, the 30-year old admitted he didn’t execute as well as he’d hoped he would.

“I’ve got these skills now. I’ve been working on them for a year. I didn’t get to use them in my last fight, fortunately, so they were the surprise card in this one,” began Hardy in a post-fight interview with Fuel TV before adding, “I’ve got a long way to go, a lot to improve.”

Hardy elaborated by saying there were a few areas he’d worked on in training but wasn’t able to successfully implement come showtime. Regardless of his self-critique, Hardy was all smiles in general and genuinely appreciative of the opportunity to continue fighting for the UFC when it looked like he might be cut after dropping four bouts in a row.

Fan-Favorite Hardy Says He Wouldn’t Change Losing Streak if Given the Chance

“First and foremost, I’m a huge UFC fan. I love this organization. To be able to come out and fight for the UFC fan is just an honor,” he explained. “It’s something I’ll remember for the rest of my life. I’ll always dig my heels in and fight my best for them.”

“The Outlaw” improved his overall record to 25-10 with the win over Sadollah, the second straight since his four-fight slide with the other involving an opening round finish of Duane Ludwig.

Check out the complete interview with Hardy below:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/09/30/dan-hardy-%e2%80%9ci%e2%80%99ve-got-a-long-way-to-go-a-lot-to-improve-%e2%80%9d

José Aldo  John Alessio  Houston Alexander Ricardo Almeida  Eddie Alvarez

No comments:

Post a Comment