Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Georges St-Pierre not thinking about Anderson Silva fight, believes challengers remain at welterweight

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

GSP_WK150_36.jpg
It's terrible. I hate that, but I'm not focusing on that. I'm not speculating. I'm thinking about Condit right now; that's what I should do... I feel like I have a lot of guys that are there and I don't understand why people are going crazy now, but I just came back from an injury, so maybe some people see me as a weak link. We'll see what's going to happen in the future."

-UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre talks to MMAWeekly.com and discusses his thoughts on people overlooking Carlos Condit and the rest of the welterweight division by talking about an Anderson Silva super fight.

Penick's Analysis: Well, here's GSP throwing some cold water on the idea of the Anderson Silva fight, and though it's smart not to look past Carlos Condit in the least, this still gives the feeling that GSP isn't all that interested in the Silva fight. It's one that has been discussed ad nauseam over the last several years, only to never come to fruition, and now as it looks to be a realistic possibility in early 2013, it just may not happen. We should put a moratorium on the discussion of this fight until the time it's actually announced by the UFC.

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_14324.shtml

Daiki DJ taiki Hata He Peng David Heath Delson Heleno Dan Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment