Saturday, September 29, 2012

Shane Carwin confident but not certain he’ll be ready for Roy Nelson fight

When UFC heavyweight Shane Carwin went down with a knee injury earlier this week his management team was quick to let the public know he’d be back in time to train for a December duel against rival Roy Nelson. However, to hear Carwin tell the tale it seems the possibility of him having to pull out of the fight still exists.

Carwin recently detailed the knee injury in an interview with TapouT Radio where he admitted he still has a ways to go in terms of healing up but remains hopeful he’ll have a chance to take on Nelson on at the Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale.

“It happened during wrestling. A guy was in on a single and I went to throw my hips back and I heard ‘pop! pop! pop!’ So we stopped and he had to help me up,” explained Carwin, saying he’s already seen a doctor and gotten an MRI. “It’s down in size now. It was about the size of a watermelon, but now it’s the size of a cantaloupe. The good news is the doctor doesn’t think I need to have surgery, and we’re still going to push to stay in that fight on December 15th, and I think we’ll be good to go.”

Driving Carwin to fight Nelson come hell or high water is his intense dislike for “Big Country” based on the big-bellied brawler’s approach to life on both a personal and professional level.

“I don’t respect that guy. I don’t like him. I just think he’s disrespectful. He’ll talk all kinds of sh*t behind your back and stuff, but then when he’s at my face, all he wanted to do was talk about the UFC contracts to me. I’m like, ‘Who are you, man? Get out of my face.’ I’m just not up for that type of bullsh*t,” stated Carwin. “I hate people that when you turn around, they’re stabbing you in the back, and when you’re back at their face, they’re trying to be your best friend. That doesn’t work for me. There’s nobody else I want to fight more. I can’t wait to fight this guy. I’m excited that he’ll be the first guy I get to punch when I get back to action.”

The two can currently be seen on FX every Friday night serving as opposing coaches on TUF 16.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/09/28/shane-carwin-confident-but-not-certain-hell-be-ready-for-roy-nelson-fight/

Yoji Anjo  Ao Hailin  Shinya Aoki  Andrei Arlovski  Ricardo Arona 

No comments:

Post a Comment