Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mark Munoz interested in fighting Hector Lombard

UFC middleweight Mark Munoz was on the cusp of contending for the divisional title before running into Chris Weidman last month and suffering a devastating knockout in the bout’s second stanza. The loss snapped a four-fight winning streak for Munoz and sent him back to the drawing board.

Though Munoz is still serving a medical suspension it appears he already has a specific opponent in mind for his return to the ring – Hector Lombard. The two talented 185ers exchanged some trash-talk leading up to their most recent outings with Lombard even stating he would rather fight “The Filipino Wrecking Machine” than compete for a championship.

“You know Hector Lombard has been talking a lot about me so I don’t mind fighting him. I know he’s upset about what I said about him…I didn’t want to disrespect him at all. That’s just how I felt…I didn’t want to disrespect him as a fighter. He’s a very good fighter, but if he wants to go, we can go,” said Munoz in an interview with BJPenn.com, adding, “I’m anxious to get back in there.”

Lombard: “I want to fight him bad.”

Earlier this month, the 31-3-1 Lombard announced he would be out until mid-September in order to heal from a few injuries he suffered while training for his Octagon debut. The former Bellator champ ultimately lost a Split Decision to Tim Boetsch at UFC 149 but was competitive throughout, even deserving the judges’ nod in the eyes of many, and had won more than twenty straight scraps entering the event.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/08/27/mark-munoz-interested-in-fighting-hector-lombard

Rashad Evans Urijah Faber Wagnney Fabiano Kevin Kimbo Slice Ferguson Paulo Filho

No comments:

Post a Comment