Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ronda Rousey: “I really don’t think it’s unreasonable for me to expect that when she’s not doing steroids she would lose some weight.”

Strikeforce champion Ronda Rousey hasn’t necessarily been on the offensive where trash-talk towards Cristiane Santos is concerned, but she certainly hasn’t been afraid to defend herself either when verbally attacked. In that vein, Rousey stopped by SportsCenter last week where she responded frankly when asked for her opinion on the growing rivalry.

As far as Santos’ stance about the potential pairing taking place at 145 pounds based on a supposed inability to slim down, Rousey remained equally adamant regarding her reasoning for demanding the bout occur at bantamweight.

“I really don’t think it’s unreasonable for me to expect that when she’s not doing steroids she would lose some weight,” explained Rousey. “She really disgraced herself and her sport and her country by cheating all those years, and I really don’t think the best way to deal with it is to reward her with a title-shot with all the considerations that she wants.”

“I think it’s her only option. I have plenty of other options so if she doesn’t want to do it then I’ll do something else,” she added nonchalantly.

Rousey also addressed the recent situation involving Jon Jones’ decision to turn down a fight with Chael Sonnen on late notice, thus prompting the UFC to cancel an upcoming event. While “Rowdy Ronda” stated she would have likely agreed to the match-up regardless of the specifics, she also admitted she might feel differently if she had the same responsibilities Jones does.

“If Dana called me right now and said, ‘Hey, we’re gonna need you to go to the back and fight Cris Cyborg with a 40-pound weight deficit and all you guys get is duct tape on your hands,’ I would’ve been like, ‘Can I be there in ten minutes? I’ve gotta stretch first’,” Rousey joked.

Check out the complete interview with Rousey below:

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE/ESPN

Source: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/08/25/ronda-rousey-%e2%80%9ci-really-don%e2%80%99t-think-it%e2%80%99s-unreasonable-for-me-to-expect-that-when-she%e2%80%99s-not-doing-steroids-she-would-lose-some-weight-%e2%80%9d/

Houston Alexander Ricardo Almeida  Eddie Alvarez Thiago Alves  Andre Amade 

No comments:

Post a Comment